Filed Under (Uncategorized) by Rajesh Kumar on 03-11-2008
While Tata Tea campaigns for voter enlistment, Starbucks has an unambiguous offer – vote on Nov 4 and get free coffee. If someone needs to have a similar campaign in India, she needs to have a region specific differentiated strategy:
- * Bihar – Free khaini for those who prefer. Chai in a chukkad for others.[Khaini = powdered tobacco]
- * UP – Free paan, make it Banarasi patti
- * Gujarat – Gutkha unlimited [Gutkha = flavoured masala, eaten raw]
- * TN – Filter coffee in tumbler. You must not replace this tumbler with a cup.
- * Rajasthan – Butter milk in a BIG glass
- * Haryana – Butter milk in a still bigger glass, preferably made of brass
- * Punjab – Washing machine made lassi
- * J&K – Warm Kahwa
- * MP- Pohe with jalebi, wrapped in a dona
- * West Bengal: Just another place to talk. Maybe an adda.
The list can go on. As you can see, a common strategy does not work across regions in India. That perhaps explains why we have a coalition powered by several parties!