I ventured onto WordPress on June 28. Too months onto this platform(and URL), I observe the following:
- This site has started to get interesting traffic via search. In fact, on a good day it compares significantly with the Blogger blog.Yeh Dil Maange More.
- Looks do matter: Comments per post have increased, this could possibly not be attributed to any sudden enhancement in my content abilities.
- ‘Setup and forget it’ does not work with WP. WP keeps releasing better versions.Compulsive delivery syndrome? Code Diarrhea ? I think I can bear it.
Some reflections on my past posts on Blogger.
- My posts on Subroto Bagchi and Mahesh Murthy continue to get fairly good number of visitors everyday. But overall winner by a great margin is Dr Abdul Kalam, about him I have written five posts, including one on an imaginary conversation between Dr Kalam and (former) President Musharraf which for some reason is my favourite.
- My moment of real blogging happiness was when Shel Israel left a comment on a post I made on his (and Rob Scoble’s) book.
Net net I remain quite delighted with WP and the flexibility. I continue to mentally debate if I should move all content to this platform and ditch the old site completely. Any suggestions?